Sunday, June 10, 2012

Coast Guard and the Wonderful Life of Being Engaged

Wow, it's been a while since I last did a blog post...then again, life has been pretty busy the past few months. Ok, where to start?

I quit my old job at Lackmann Culinary Services at AU to join the CG (then again, military life DOES have its perks, and adventure is one of them). Went through two months of hell and back (ok, not really Hell...but it felt like it the first couple of weeks before it eased down a bit and was semi-normal) in basic before graduating on the 25th of May as a Seaman (E-3 in pay grade for those that wish to know) and had some time off  to be with familny before I did the most crazy of things and drove cross country to get to California for my advancement schooling. Of course, this is getting me back into what I was doing in AU (cooking, but with pastry and baking classes added to what I already know), so it's nothing new to me.

Also, I got engaged to the man of my life a week prior to me graduating from basic, so I'm kinda excited--however, this lead to my parents not being too keen on the idea of the rush on the engagement part (however, the fiance and I both agreed to wait till I get stationed at my first unit and settled in before discussing any wedding ideas and so forth...plus, I kinda do not NEED the stress that follows with planning a wedding THIS soon after being engaged.), but they're slowly getting past it and trying to not get me mad at them for their opinions ((hey, they are entitled to that, which I'm not going to take it away from them))

Well, after all that is said and done, I'm sure that things are starting to fall into place with what I have to do the next couple of years or so...let's just hope that it's not as bad as I tend to ponder on whenever I overthink situations like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment