Thursday, November 11, 2010

Vetern's Day, Summer Memories, and the Brink of the End of the Year

Yes, the title is a RIDICULOUS long ass one, but hear me out: it's just a summary of what I've been up to as of late, dear readers.

So the rest of summer came and gone easily as I try to settle into the routine that is a single's lifestyle and staying at home. I did, however, enjoyed my trip to Parsippany, NJ, for the Salute to Supernatural Convention 2010 and it was amazing, to say the least. I got to meet the actors of the TV show (hell, Misha Collins and Matt Cohen are hilarious when put in the same room...if you were there, you know what I'm talking about) and made new friends with other SPN fans. It was a lot of fun and I cannot wait for 2011, when I'll be returning with my high school friend (the one that I give credit to my writing nowadays). What else? Oh, yes--Jared Padalecki will be present in next year's con...talk about being a HUGE Sam fangirl, lol.

That was the beginning of July. August came and gone as the end of summer drew in the beginning of the new school semester and a new year at work. Alas, the good days died as soon as a new management team was established in Post Hall...and believe me, I think that the day shift, which is where I now am a part of, was close to seeing red with the manager in charge.

September came and went along with October. October was a good month, seeing that my birthday was mostly peaceful and just what I wanted. Halloween was a good holiday, seeing that I went to a few parties and had fun with friends on Halloween day itself. Now, into the middle of the month of November, the days grow colder and shorter. Along with that went the new manager and the day shift ended up with one of the head managers of the whole establishment. Mind ya, he is a great manager and the day shift has seen less red nowadays.

HOWEVER...I met a new muse--yes, by that I mean a really GOOD LOOKING muse. He is in my thoughts every waking moment and it is funny that I occupy his thoughts as well. However, seeing that my muse is currently in a relationship and overseas to serve the country that he loves, we had decided to take things a day at a time and see where it leads in a year from when he departed the US to head into the sands of the danger zone of Iraq. But, seeing that his department is mostly dealing with the media, he has been out of harm's way mostly. But, he is good looking, nevertheless...and the conversations we have whenever he's on...my, I have to keep my head clear of thoughts that might lead me back into the gutter every time I think of him. Comes to show just how much he's on my mind, my cherished readers.

So, I pray that he'll make it home next September in good spirits and pray that the rest of this year will be cheerful as Thanksgiving and Christmas are looming around the corner. Until then, may you all have a safe journey to wherever your path leads you.

No comments:

Post a Comment