Saturday, June 13, 2009

Just Ranting for Today...(Part 1)

For the record, I don't mind going off topic as far as what tickles a fancy with me. For instance, ever felt that you were the odd ball out in your family, always the one that seems to remember more details to certain details than most of everyone else you know of??? If so, then I can sympathize with you on that note. But, that only seems so every once in a blue moon in my case, so I will not go into further detail than what is necessary.


What else to rant on? Oh, I went to the mall and they were doing interviews for the opening of a new store and there were a LOT of women lining up for this new store, so that must be exciting to see every now and then, as far as the economy goes. Bought myself a copy of the book version of "The Jane Austen Book Club" and I have to say that there's a lot that was not in the movie that I rather enjoy. Karen Joy Fowler will probably end up being on the list of favorite authors in a short bit, since I'm just about finished with the book. Not that many authors that have penned romance novels have caught my eye, since I am more of the science-fiction/fantasy type of reader, with the occassional historic and action-filled novels here and there. I guess you would probably see me either reading Steve Berry's novels or even one of Anne Rice's books. But, if you were to see me, I might go for Jane Austen or even Charlotte Bronte; both authors are very classic in the English department and I enjoy "Jane Eyre" as much as Austen's novels: however, I have not been privilged to have read "Northanger Abbey", though that's among the list of books that I have to still read before I pass on from this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment